Mission, Vision & Values
To create and share a scientific, holistic body of knowledge focused on normal patterns of hormones in the population and changes in women’s menstrual cycles and ovulatory characteristics across the life cycle.
To perform studies, analyze data, publish and teach about the science of menstrual cycle and ovulation physiology and the expressions of these in women’s experiences.
- Affirm women’s accurate self-knowledge on personal health issues as they progress through the natural stages of their lives.
- Produce quality science that is hypothesis-driven and evidence-based.
To reframe scientific knowledge of the menstrual cycle and ovulation in a woman-centred context.
Core Areas of Research
- Document premenopausal variations in menstrual cycles and ovulation in the context of women’s lives and explore relationships with bone, breast and cardiovascular health.
- Prospectively document and analyze menstrual cycle and ovulation changes from premenopause through perimenopause to understand and describe relationships among endocrinological, metabolic and experiential changes.
- Document the development of menstruation and ovulation during the early years following menarche and relationships among these and eating attitudes, growth, bone health and metabolism changes.
- Study population patterns of menstrual cycles and ovulation across the life cycle.
We Rely On Your Support
If you find these materials helpful, and if you are able, please consider making a donation to cover our costs and support the research and education objectives of the Centre for Menstrual Cycle and Ovulation Research.